Access Instructions to Remote.alliant.edu
ATTENTION REMOTE-ACCESS USERS:
Remote Access Has Changed! Please Read for More Instructions!
Access to remote login has changed and now requires going to a web URL to access from outside the Alliant network. https://connect.alliant.edu:8443/
Remote cannot be accessed while your computer is connected to Alliant's wired network.
To use this new remote access solution:
1. Go to https://connect.alliant.edu:8443/ and press the "Single Sign-On" button.
2. Use your regular Alliant credentials (email) to login to single sign on.
3. Enter your Alliant password and press "Sign in".
4. Approve the request with your usual way of approving it (authenticator, text message, phone call).
5. Press "Yes" to stay signed in.
6. Create a bookmark by selecting “+ New Bookmark”
7. Select RDP. Please fill out Bookmark with information below.
- Name: remote.alliant.edu
- Host: remote.alliant.edu
- Use SSL-VPN Credentials: make sure it is "on"
8. Click the Bookmark to launch remote.alliant.edu
9. If you get the screen below, press on your username.
10. Enter your Alliant's password and click the right arrow.
Please note: This web-based RDP does not support printer redirection. In other words, it will not allow printing pages to your off-site printer. However, CX printing will still function same way.