Access Instructions to Remote.alliant.edu
ATTENTION REMOTE-ACCESS USERS:
Remote Access Has Changed! Please Read for More Instructions!
Access to remote login has changed and now requires going to a web URL to access from outside the Alliant network. https://connect.alliant.edu:8443/
1. Remote can only be accessed from an external network (i.e. home or somewhere other than Alliant). Remote cannot be accessed while your computer is connected to the Alliant network or Alliant Wi-Fi.
2. This solution should only be used with a non-Alliant computer. In other words, if you have an Alliant-issued laptop computer, use the Alliant VPN when outside of Alliant.
To use this new remote access solution:
1. Go to https://connect.alliant.edu:8443/
Use your Alliant credentials to login.
UPDATE: Username here is without @alliant.edu
2. Please create a bookmark by selecting “+ New Bookmark”
3. Select RDP. Please fill out Bookmark with information below.
- Name: Remote
- Host: remote
- Port: 3389
- Username: (Put your Alliant email account)
- Password: (Put your Alliant password)
4. Click the Bookmark to launch Remote
Please note: This web-based RDP does not support printer redirection. In other words, it will not allow printing pages to your off-site printer. However, CX printing will still function same way.